Cryptic Studios is currently seeking a Senior Graphics Programmer. This position works closely with other graphics programmers and game lead programmers to maintain our custom graphics engine and tool chain, and to upgrade it to meet the ever-changing state-of-the-art. We’re always pushing the envelope, and you’ll relish the challenge!
Located in Northern California in Los Gatos, we offer the fun, focused, and casual atmosphere of a small developer. We actively balance our work with the personal lives of our employees. At Cryptic, we look for people who have passion for what they do and work well in teams to create and operate fun and challenging online games.
Every day you could be:
• Working in a large Graphics system, extending it, and making it more robust for our developers and customers.
• Upgrading our workflow to incorporate new state-of-the-art graphics techniques.
• Making our games run on a wider variety of hardware.
• Extending existing systems to adapt to the ever-changing needs of a massively multiplayer game.
• Collaborating with other incredible programmers to build reliable systems and informative tools to make our business run better.
What we need to see:
• The ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
• Extremely proficient in C programming and debugging.
• Ability to take a large existing code base and mold it to your will – with the appropriate amount of fear and respect that this takes.
• A care for customer experience
• A love for video games
What we’d like to see:
• Successfully shipped at least 1 product as a graphics programmer.
• 4-year degree required (or equivalent experience in relevant field)
• 5 or more years of experience