Senior Graphics Engineer, OpenGL
Firaxis Games is seeking a talented software engineer to act as the primary OpenGL resource for current and future game development needs. This individual will be a key member of the Firaxis graphics team, and will help our studio break new and exciting ground.
• Act as a subject-matter expert for OpenGL graphics.
• Develop, maintain and extend OpenGL backends for an in-house rendering engine.
• Implement specific rendering solutions for game titles.
• Research, develop, maintain, and use internal shader development tools.
• Produce clean, efficient code. Identify and eliminate performance bottlenecks.
• Accurately schedule and track development efforts for assigned tasks.
• 3-7 years experience in the real-time graphics space.
• Significant OpenGL development experience on at least one non-windows platform.
• Game industry experience is desirable but not required.
• BS in CS, SE or equivalent.
• Able to function well in a large, multi-threaded C++ codebase.
• Proficiency with modern OpenGL APIs (GL4+, GLES3), and shading languages (GLSL, GLSL-ES). Good working knowledge of D3D11/HLSL.
• Understanding of modern GPU architectures and feature sets (desktop and mobile).
• Understands the operation of the graphics software stack, and is able to extract maximum performance and stability from OpenGL drivers.
• Familiarity with contemporary realtime rendering techniques. Good working knowledge of 3D math and "graphics theory".
• Comfortable with both object-oriented and data-oriented design, able to apply either paradigm as appropriate.
• iOS experience strongly preferred.
• Game console experience a plus.
• GL Driver development experience a plus.
• Compiler experience (parsing/analysis/code generation) is useful.