Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a passionate and talented senior graphic designer to join our growing Battle.net development team in San Francisco, California. If selected, you will be creating visual design solutions for our growing, high-traffic Battle.net web platform, powered by popular sites like the Battle.net forums, news, shop, account management, and more.
Graphic designers within the Battle.net team define the creative experience of Blizzard websites and mobile applications, and closely collaborate with our UX, engineering and production teams to help inform the strategy, goals, and requirements of projects. Designers blend their inspiration, creativity and experience to research findings and analytics data, to deliver experiences that are not only visually outstanding, but also simple, fun to use, and centered on the needs of our users.
The senior web designer will be a primary point of contact for creative design in our San Francisco office. The position is a perfect fit for candidates who are self-motivated, excited about working in a fast and agile environment, and passionate about the opportunity to join an established and highly motivated design team. As our ideal candidate, you are an accomplished designer who can successfully combine your own design style with the visual aesthetics of Blizzard Entertainment's games, to create stunning graphical layouts and user interfaces used by millions of players worldwide.
- Create cutting-edge visual designs, from concept to execution, across multiple platforms and form factors: web, desktop applications, in-game clients, mobile devices.
- Define, maintain, and propagate design style guides and reference documentation to support a coherent visual experience across several Battle.net projects.
- Help grow and develop the design team by taking part in hiring and mentoring junior design team members.
- Seek input, requirements and iterative feedback from stakeholders across the company to help define creative design solutions, and present these back to the team and organization.
- End-to-end ownership: Drive creative projects from inception, through development, implementation, QA, launch, and ongoing support.
- Work closely with our user experience team to implement upfront research, user testing, and analytics feedback into your designs.
- Think strategically to define and champion solutions that improve products and processes across the team and company.
- A minimum of 8 years’ professional Web focused graphic design experience.
- Exceptional design, artistic, typographic, layout, and compositing abilities that you are eager to unleash upon Blizzard web products
- Proficiency using Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Strong ability and passion to collaborate in large multidisciplinary teams
- Clear and concise communication style enabling you to explain the thought process behind your visual design solutions, and rally people around your stated design goals
- Demonstrated understanding of information flow, readability, and interface usability principles
- Experience leveraging user research, key performance indicators, and site analytics to help make informed design decisions
- Attention to detail and solid organization
- Open-minded, friendly, and positive attitude
- Passionate about gaming and gaming culture
Required Application Materials
- Experience working with Agile development methodologies
- Experience with responsive web projects for multiple form factors and devices
- Past experience collaborating with dedicated user experience and research teams
- Web design experience on large-scale gaming industry websites
- Cover Letter telling us why you are interested in working at Blizzard and specifically Battle.net
- Portfolio (live URL or PDF attachments only please)
**Only submittals with all three will be considered.