Home to some of the industry's best and brightest talent, Treyarch is an industry-leading game developer whose Call of Duty: Black Ops II set world-wide launch day records, and whose previous game Call of Duty®: Black Ops set an entertainment launch opening record upon its release in 2010 and continues to be one of the best-selling games of all time.
Treyarch is looking for a talented engineer with a passion for gameplay and a critical eye for game design. As a Gameplay Engineer, you will be working closely with our Design team to bring innovative game features to life. A Gameplay Engineer should be excellent at rapidly prototyping ideas and is capable of quickly turning a design specification from paper into a usable game system for further iteration. A successful Gameplay Engineer will have an “eye” for gameplay and a knack for understanding how to deliver exciting features that millions of fans are going to love.
A Gameplay Engineer should be able to get quickly familiarized with existing codebases and be able to write elegant, high performing extensible code that works well within a collaborative environment.
What you’ll be doing:
• Implement, debug and optimize systems in C/C++ and other languages
• Spearheading development of innovative gameplay experiences
• Contributing to game architecture and technical designs
• Performing data and code analysis to identify improvement opportunities
• Providing mentorship to less experienced engineers
The skills/experience you’ll need:
• Minimum 5 years professional experience in a Gameplay Engineering position
• Shipped 3 to 4 game titles
• Proficient in C/C++/python
• Strong debugging skills with ability to work in a large existing codebase, learn new systems/concepts and implement them quickly and efficiently
• Strong math aptitude
• Game knowledge and passion and an understanding of the design principles behind games
• Able to collaborate with other engineers and designers
• Ability to work well in a fluid, changing environment as creative challenges evolve
• B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
And you’ll really get our attention if you have:
• Network engineering experience
• Expertise and passion in one or more of the following areas: AI, User Interfaces, General Game-play
• Previously shipped AAA titles