Red Storm Entertainment is looking for a player-centric gameplay programmer to work on our next AAA title. You will work closely with designers, artist and other programmers to make the game vision a reality. If you are passionate about games and game development, have the ability to iterate and refine your work rapidly, and actively participate in bringing various game features to life this may be the job for you!
- Work with game designers and creative directors to develop and implement their vision of gameplay features in a multiplayer environment.
- Implement game features using a player-centric focus to ensure the best possible quality for the consumer.
- Break-down design goals into smaller technical tasks
- Provide well-formed feedback on gameplay and offer suggestions for improvement
- Design algorithms that provide the desired gameplay results within real-time performance and memory budgets.
- Analyze and refactor code to optimize performance.
- Evaluate and communicate the potential impact of code changes
- Provide regular updates on technology risks and obstacles to designers, leads, and producers.
- Test and document code
- Mentor junior engineers
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering or related area
- Minimum of 5 years game industry experience with 2 shipped titles
- Demonstrated proficiency in C++
- Perforce and Jira experience preferred
- Console programming experience (Xbox 360, PS3, Xbox ONE, or PS4)
- Experience with implementing network gameplay, AI, or physics
- Capable of working with and creating game scripting systems
- Practice developing in a Scrum or Agile development environment
- Strong understanding of the coding process, standards and methodologies
- Adept at working with game designers and artists to implement gameplay features
- Ability to judge feature quality in relation to other current competing games
- Excellent analysis, problem solving, and rapid deployment of effective solutions
- Ability to prioritize, plan, and organize work
- Must be an effective communicator, both verbally and written
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, and the ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment
- Passion and enthusiasm for video games
- Must be fluent in English; bi-lingual (French) a bonus
- National and/or international travel may be required
- Onsite gym and Mind, Body, Spirit reimbursement program for activities that help you be a better version of yourself.
- Food & Fun: Monday breakfast, Thursday meeting munchies & drinks, Surprise Snacks, Launch Parties, Monthly Years of Service Celebrations, Family Picnics, Sporting Events, Holiday Parties, the list goes on.
- Superior health, dental, vision packages with a substantial employer contribution for a healthy you, healthy family, and a healthy wallet.
- 401k match for that day you retire to your dream island…
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave for the day your family grows.
- Generous Vacation, Holiday and Sick time for those days you need to be away.
- Employee purchase program for Ubisoft titles for those days you want to play.
Amazing coworkers, visionary leadership, and a work hard, play hard attitude that will make you want to stay.