Hey—you over there in the Dark Souls t-shirt. Trion Worlds is looking for a senior gameplay engineer and we think you fit the bill. We think that good gameplay is the core of everything we do here, and we need people who can get it done right. AI, combat, movement, physics, pathfinding — if making games is your life, you belong here. With us. Forever...
HERE’S WHY YOU’RE AWESOME:
- You have games in your blood. You use A* with a custom heuristic to find your way to work in the morning. Your email password is your high score in Super Mario Brothers. You’ve wondered if you could write an AI that would pass the Turing test when your parents call.
- You’re a programming wizard. You dream in C++, write sonnets about your favorite data structure, and sing songs in machine code. You throw away cooking recipes that don’t complete in linear time.
- You launch games for breakfast. You’d take a gold master over a gold watch. You get a chill down your spine the day your code goes live. You’ve shipped so many games you had to invent a new compression algorithm just to keep the list manageable.
- You fix what’s broke, and you don’t broke what’s fixed. Your favorite moment of 2013 was when you found a memory corruption bug. You get crash reports texted to your phone. You spend your weekends reading other peoples’ check-in comments.
- You never stopped going to school. Your home library resembles an underground bunker. Your New Year’s resolution was to learn a new programming language every month. Your list of side projects reads like a game studio’s back catalog.
- You play well with others. You know there’s a ‘me’ in team--but it’s backwards. Hogging the limelight gives you a sunburn. You know the favorite color of everyone on your team and you bake special cookies for that level designer with a peanut allergy.
HERE'S THE LIST OF THINGS THAT YOU'VE STUDIED, USED, AND/OR WON A NOBEL PRIZE FOR:
- MMORPG development
- Vector math
- Rigid-body physics
Okay, maybe you’re not all of these things—yet. That’s okay. The question is, do you want to be?
Please note: All job inquiries and résumés submitted to Trion Worlds, Inc. will be treated in confidence, provided that Trion Worlds, Inc. shall have the right to use the personal information contained therein to contact you and for internal evaluation purposes.