About Ubisoft & Shanghai Studio:
With its 10000 employees and 30 studios around the world, Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment. Ubisoft owns a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s video game series, Rayman, Far Cry and Watch Dogs.
Created in 1996, Ubisoft Shanghai studio, is a vibrant and exciting place where our 400+ talents get opportunities to either co-develop great AAA blockbuster games, create cutting-edge online games or produce fun mobile games.
To learn more, please visit: www.ubisoftgroup.com
- Analyze and understand the AI needs from the creative director and game designers in terms of informatics development and assess the technical feasibility;
- Analyze existing AI features in the engine and see if they are suitable in light of the intentions;
- Whenever necessary, suggest improvements by designing and implementing new systems or modifying existing systems;
- Collaborate with designers to discuss constraints and set out the technical possibilities for the various AI features;
- Suggest innovations inspired by other games;
- Program in a clear and structured way, keeping in mind the performance, memory, maintenance, extensibility and compatibility requirements;
- Validate and verify that the newly developed systems meet the AI intentions of the project and are coherent with the existing code and optimize the systems whenever necessary;
- Work iteratively and involve designers when implementing new features;
- Work with other working units (design, animation) to develop the tools required to efficiently adjust AI systems;
- Support the AI features and systems designed for production;
- Determine and fix the AI bugs detected by the production and quality control teams;
- Document the work to share knowledge and enable users (programmers and users from other units) to understand how to use the new AI systems and features;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
- 8+ years’ experience on game development;
- Strong C++ skills;
- Good knowledge of standard algorithms and knows how to use them according to project needs;
- Strong analytical and synthesis skills;
- Strong ability in problem solving and adapt to change;
- Be results- driven with a strong attention to detail;
- Be resilient, proactive and confident, with a high developed team spirit;
- Strong communication (oral and written) in English and collaboration skills.
- Experience with at least one shipped title, preferably an FPS/Driving game;
- Computer science, mathematics or related degree;
- Experience with Agile Development;
- Experience with Behavior Trees;
- Experience with Animation Trees/Graphs
- Experience with Navigation (path finding/following)
Why Ubisoft Shanghai?
Be a part of the most exciting and innovating video game company in China. Come to work in Shanghai, an amazing city renowned as “Paris of the East”.
Together with a team of multi-national professionals equipped with the cutting-edge technologies, you can be assured of an experience that is both aspirational and fulfilling.
By working in Shanghai studio, you will also be offered with an array of career development opportunities, an abundant training resources, and moreover, a stimulating and creative work environment.
If you’re looking for this kind of job opportunity, you’ll find it here at Ubisoft Shanghai.
Join us for an exciting adventure and make great games!