Tango Austin is looking for an exceptionally skilled senior game developer to join our game studio. The ideal candidate has passion to create fun games, write beautiful code and desires to make an impact on every project they’re a part of.
You will work closely with the entire team to help design and develop fun and addictive games people want to play for years to come! If you are an over-achiever looking for a position with high potential for professional growth, this may be the job for you!
- Rapid prototyping through iteration to find the “fun factor” in a game
- Implement, debug and maintain features such as game mechanics, UI, animation, enemy behaviors, FX
- Improve current pipeline and tools
- Evaluate and integrate SDKs
- Collaborate with QA with the debugging process
- Assist the technical director with his duties
- Mentor junior developers and game scripters
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- A minimum 5 years’ experience in game development
- Demonstrated ability to write clean, readable and efficient code in C++
- Good knowledge of vector and matrix math
- Self-motivation, good communication skills, and a great team attitude.
- A passion for developing high-quality mobile games.
- Shipped a minimum of 2 successful titles in a principal or leadership position
- Experience in gameplay, AI, scripting, animation or tool programming
- Good understanding of networking and server side technology
- Previous mobile game development for iOS and Android
- Familiarity with the Unity engine
- Knowledge in other languages like Java, C#, Lua, ActionScript
- Interest in other game disciplines such as art or game design
Tango is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.