Mothership Entertainment is growing quickly! We're a studio comprised of senior game industry veterans and formed in partnership with one of the industry's top PC publishers. We've just completed our playable prototype using Unreal Engine 4, and we're looking for additional engineers to help us build our prototype into a fun and great-looking game.
The ideal candidate will wear many hats. We're looking for someone who can handle a great deal of gameplay programming, but who combines that with a solid engine / graphics programming background and can assist our team in getting the most out of Unreal Engine 4.
- A highly innovative PC strategy game in the early stages of development
- A team of industry veterans, each with 15+ years of industry experience
- A fantastic partnership with one of the industry's top PC publishers, which includes funding and direct access to some of the industry's top strategy game design talent
- Access to full health care and dental
- A highly collaborative culture
The job description is as follows:
- 3 years mininum game programming experience (5 or more preferred)
- Excellent C++ and object-oriented programming skills
- Strong debugging and optimization skills
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, and organizational skills
- Ability to work well in a collaborative development environment
- Unreal Engine experience a plus
- Significant experience with common game engines and/or tools is helpful
- Deep understanding of modern game graphics techniques
- Solid 3D math skills
- Develop well-designed software within project schedule to team standards
- Write documentation and tutorials as needed
- Collaborate with designers to review proposed design features and define and develop those features as needed
- Collaborate with artists to build art guidelines; develop, improve, and debug the art toolchain; and integrate art assets as needed
- Assist in the design and development of software tools as needed
- Participate in regular code reviews and help other team members improve their engineering skills and general game development skills
- Work to regularly debug, profile, and optimize the code
- Prioritize robustness over new features and maintain a minimal bug count at all times
- Play the game every single day and become deeply familiar with the game in development
- Participate in regular risk assessment evaluations to help the team and the project better evaluate and manage risks
- Assist the studio in continuously refining and evolving our development standards
All of our work is in C++, and we are developing in Visual Studio on the PC.
Mothership Entertainment is located in warm and sunny Austin, TX, near the intersection of Parmer Lane and 45 / 620. We offer $5,000 for relocation for any candidates not currently located in Austin.
To apply, e-mail email@example.com