Santa Monica, California
High School or equivalent
Senior Game Designer - Treyarch
We are looking for talented and experienced Senior Game Designers to work directly with design leads and the design director to build compelling and fun gameplay. Working from high level design direction, you will create and refine a series of proposals and prototypes that will be developed into clear designs and requirements ready for implementation. Once in production, you will own the features and/or missions from start to finish and have responsibility for implementation details, tuning and fun factor. The ideal candidate has AAA console development experience with A.I., combat, gameplay, scripting and superior people skills.
Home to some of the industry's best and brightest talent, Treyarch is an industry-leading game developer whose Call of Duty: Black Ops II set world-wide launch day records, and whose previous game Call of Duty®: Black Ops set an entertainment launch opening record upon its release in 2010 and continues to be one of the best-selling games of all time.
What you'll be doing:
• Develop prototypes that clearly articulate the vision of the features and/or missions for which you are responsible.
• Pitch concepts, designs and full-proposals to project leads.
• Spearhead the collaborative process with other designers, engineers, animators, artists, sound designers and production staff to bring the game world and its characters to life.
• Identify and resolve conflicts with other disciplines in a way that best meets the design goals of the project.
• Review yours and others work at various stages of implementation to ensure the execution matches the vision, goals and quality requirements.
• Routinely collect feedback from user-testing, the development team and design management.
• Mentor other designers; lead by example. Be a positive influence on your team.
• Prioritizing and self-managing to meet deadlines with your team.
The skills/experience you'll need:
• 5 or more years of game design experience on two or more shipped games.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Excellent understanding of first-person combat and game mechanics.
• Be proactive in communicating progress and solving problems.
• Experience with C, C++ or non-visual scripting languages.
• Excel in a team environment, is self-motivated, and egoless.
• Absolute passion for playing and making video games.
And you'll really get our attention if you have:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
• Experience using Illustrator or other program to communicate ideas.
• Familiarity with scripting languages, or technical skills related to video game development.
• Familiarity with a 3D level/world creation package, preferably Radiant.
• Experience with other aspects of Game Development such as, but not limited to: Character Design, Writing, Gameplay Programming and AI Design.
More Jobs Like This
We couldn't find matching jobs.