Sony San Diego is seeking a Senior Game Designer with excellent communication skills and a passion for product development to create a core vision for games, and to ensure that all of the game features are consistent in delivering that vision.
- Design significant portions of game mechanic and systems.
- During implementation, oversee systems, and acts as a resource to all regarding these systems.
- Produce gameplay content in the game production phase.
- Work and communicate with other members of the game production team.
- Supervise and Lead other Designers in specific roles.
- Must be able to maintain effective communication in stressful environments.
- Must be able to fully participate in group brainstorm sessions, both as a creative contributor and a constructive critic.
- Will have to communicate across departmental lines and communicate effectively with Artists and Programmers.
- Will have to mentor fellow designers in an effective manner and without condescension.
Game Design process knowledge including game play and AI design, player or vehicle control, user interface, pacing, game balancing, monietization, etc.
- Understanding of the technical aspects of product development and their relationships to game design.
- 4+ years of professional game development experience as a game designer. Well versed, especially with competitive games, with the ability to articulate what is strong /weak about the design of existing games. Should have Free to Play and Live Game Design experience. Has the ability to understand and dissect data points provided by analysts and turn those into commercially viable Free to Play designs.