What we're looking for:
We are currently working hard to develop the next generation of mobile games and have made it our #1 priority to assemble an all-star team to get to that goal. We're looking for people excited by the opportunity to push the frontiers of entertainment on small screens and seeing their work hit millions of people in a few short months.
As a Senior Game Designer you will be responsible to conceptualize, create, and execute complex systems. Candidates must have 2 or more years experience working on Free-to-Play games and exhibit passion for the industry.
- Work closely with the Creative Director and Lead Game Designer to systematically create or adapt game features that align with the vision and schedule of the game from concept through to a complete, tuned and polished experience on mobile platforms
- Model, build and tune complex systems for Free-to-Play mobile games
- Assess and address the trade-offs between traditional and Free-to-Play game design
- Mentor and provide direction to junior designers
- Analyze real-time feedback and metrics and adjust game designs accordingly
- Clearly communicate the design teams goals with product managers, engineers and artists
- Remain up to date with the industries trends and best practices
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in game systems design and tuning
- Excellent communication skills with a specific ability to simplify complex ideas into a quickly consumable form
- Strong knowledge of game balancing, pacing, and UX
- Experience as a game designer on AAA console games is a plus
- Technical degree or background is preferred
- Kiwi is a mobile game developer with multiple games in Google Play’s Top 100 Grossing list. You can read more about us here: http://www.kiwiup.com/about-us and http://techcrunch.com/2013/07/29/sequoia-kiwi/.
- Google Play recently featured us as a Top Developer. You can watch the video on our blog here: http://blog.kiwiup.com/2014/02/about-us.html.
Working at Kiwi:
We have an all-star team of fun, creative, and passionate people. Kiwi offers full health benefits (including vision and dental), unlimited vacation, and commuter reimbursements. We believe that hard work should be fun as well, so we protect the delicate balance between work and play here at our downtown Palo Alto office. Kiwi employees enjoy dinner on the company, weekly catered lunches, sports and yoga as well as monthly happy hours and occasional pop-up parties and social events.