The Senior Game Designer will have extensive RTS Game Design experience and will work with the lead designer and other members of the design team and in partnership with the studio's other departments to help manage the creative vision and define the fun factor of the project, ensuring they are of the highest possible industry standards. The Senior Designer also works closely with members of the production team to execute and validate the design content and work through design revisions as needed.
- Lead, mentor and provide guidance to other game designers.
- Responsible for designing and developing products and product line concepts either independently or in collaboration with design team members.
- Designs game at interface, content and engineering levels.
- Develops concepts and treatments for products.
- Writes game scripts.
- Ensures that prototypes are developed.
- Communicates ideas with various product development personnel to solicit feedback and ensure support during prototype development.
- Creates working design documents and oversees the development of proposals for original and license-based titles.
- As required, collaborate with technical and creative Directors and Design Leads to troubleshoot, enhance or define new pipelines and processes to aid each design team's workflow.
- Must be a proven Senior Game Designer with 6+ years experience with credit on at least one major AAA RTS game title.
- Must have exceptional leadership skills and experience leading a design team.
- Must be willing and capable of taking on a larger role in the future (project lead design / creative director)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Exceptional organization, communication, and writing skills.
- Expert knowledge of game design trends.
- Self-directed, detail oriented, problem solver with a burning desire to contribute to a uniquely creative environment.
- Experience and a thorough knowledge of how the major game design elements all work together.
- Proven success in creating compelling game-play, scenarios, activities, and encounters.
- Ability to both conceptualize and implement game ideas using various tools and technology.
- An avid gamer with strong interest in pushing the game industry forward creatively.
Please submit your resume along with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.