Foster City, California
Playstation 4, Xbox One
High School or equivalent
Senior FX Artist, Temporary - Sledgehammer Games
Sledgehammer Games, developers of Call of Duty MW3, is hiring!
The VFX team at Sledgehammer Games is looking for experienced and passionate Senior VFX artist to join our AAA team. In this position, the artist will work closely with the Lead VFX Artist, Art Director, Technical Art Director, Lighting and Design team to create the most exceptional real-time effects with hyper realism for a Call of Duty game. The candidates will have the opportunity to contribute in various areas of in-game effects including but not excluding weaponry effects, vehicle destruction, large-scaled rigid body simulations and environmental effects such as fire, smoke, water, and weather systems.
The ideal candidates should demonstrate a high level of artistic sense and strong technical skills. They should drive hard and challenge themselves with the goal of being masters of the craft.
• Working closely with Lead VFX Artist, Art Director and Level Designers to create top notch in-game particle VFX.
• Scripting out series of VFX events to drive particle behaviors in runtime using our proprietary scripting language.
• Collaborating with prop artists, animators and rigging technical artists to assemble complex layered vehicle destructions and prop destructibles using our propriety scripting language and tools.
• Building baked rigid body simulation in-game via Maya and our proprietary scripting language and particle tool to replicate structural destruction animations.
• Creating textures for particle usage.
• Populating environmental VFX in game using our propriety scripting language.
• Tackling runtime rendering performance to help maintain the game running at 60FPS.
• Resolving technical challenges when arise in order to maintain the highest visual bar.
• At least 5 years of current-gen visual effects development on console hardware (360, PS3).
• Solid professional experience and knowledge of the limitations and performance of current generation hardware (360, PS3).
• Proficient in using Maya Dynamics (2010 or newer), and Photoshop.
• Strong understanding in lighting, compositing, composition, color theory and 3D modeling.
• Experience in using and modifying real-time materials.
• Strong ability in creating textures.
• Possesses a good visual art sense with attention to detail.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with both Artists and Programmers.
• Experience with Maya's fluid and rigid body dynamics (2010 or newer).
• Experience with After Effects.
• Experience with 3ds Max (2010 or newer).
• Strong understanding of real-time physics systems.
• Experience with one or more scripting/programming languages.
• Experience creating and configuring geometry assets for in game particle systems.
Sledgehammer Games was founded with a singular goal: Achieve Excellence. We have a state of the art facility, an industry leading development team, and a studio culture built to promote and support world class game developers. We are actively recruiting top talent for our Call of Duty development team. If you are passionate and driven to do your best work, and have a desire to work on the most successful FPS franchise in the history of video games, please apply online.
Come take a closer look at our studio, our culture, and some of the worldwide press for our latest game, Modern Warfare 3, at http://www.linkedin.com/company/sledgehammer-games/careers
More Jobs Like This
We couldn't find matching jobs.