Great Games Start with Great People! Activision Blizzard, headquartered in Santa Monica, CA, is the premier worldwide publisher of interactive entertainment software. Activision Blizzard?s portfolio includes such best-selling video game franchises as Activision Publishing?s Call of Duty, Spider-Man, X-Men, James Bond, and Transformers, in addition to Blizzard Entertainment?s StarCraft, Diablo, Warcraft and the #1 subscription based massively multi-player online role-playing game, World of Warcraft. Activision Blizzard is the umbrella organization over Activision Publishing and Blizzard Entertainment, providing corporate shared services, such as Legal, HR, Finance, IT, Accounting, Facilities and Sales. High Moon Studios, part of Activision Blizzard, is developing a high-profile, action-packed title. Based in Carlsbad, CA, we offer a creative and challenging environment that fosters collaboration, mentorship and camaraderie. We're dedicated to making successful high quality games, and we are looking for outstanding candidates to join our talented team. SENIOR FX ARTIST (Temporary)
High Moon Studios is looking for a skilled Senior FX Artist to create stunning special effects for an exciting, high-profile game. The candidate must be passionate about making great games, and must be a strong problem-solver and effective communicator. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Utilizes sprite-based particle systems to create a wide variety of real-time special effects.
- Scripts placement and behavior of FX in game.
- Optimizes FX for current and next-generation systems.
- Troubleshoots technical, artistic and performance issues.
- Communicates effectively with team members, production and management to ensure that project goals are met.
- Production experience with current-generation engines utilizing particle systems and other forms of dynamic simulations.
- Extensive scripting experience.
- Proficient with Photoshop.
- Traditional art foundation
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members.
- Passion for video games.
- Minimum 4 years of game industry experience.
- One or more AAA game titles shipped as a VFX Artist.
· Communicates and partners effectively with the development team.
· Detail oriented and highly organized.
· Awareness of console game budgets and technical constraints.
· Handles constructive feedback well.
· Strong interpersonal communication skills.
· Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
· Continuous learner.
· Ability to adapt to change RECOMMENDED
· Experience with the Radiant Engine. Activision Blizzard and its affiliated companies is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer.