Rosetta Stone is looking for Senior Front End Engineers! As a member of the engineering team, you will collaborate with engineers that have an undying passion for building great products that touches the lives of hundreds of millions of people. Our teams ship code at a rapid pace and push the boundaries of native and mobile web development.
Currently, Rosetta Stone is quickly adapting & improving our learning product offerings. We are embarking on some new and exciting challenges. Our newest projects include mobile technologies, cross-platform & multi-screen capabilities, high-scale web applications, and machine learning projects for curriculum & speech recognition. We are seeking talented engineers to join our product team.
If you are interested in joining a world-class team of passionate people and industry veterans who like to work hard and play hard, we look forward to hearing from you soon!
Job Profile Summary
• Work closely with our product, engineering and design teams to customize the Rosetta Stone experience for all web platforms.
• Rapid and iterative prototype new and redesign features.
• A focus on development principles and making apps work intuitively and experience working and iterating with customers and designers to build world-class experiences.
• Build efficient and reusable mobile abstractions and systems.
• Identify and address performance bottlenecks.
• Participate in and help lead design and code reviews.
• Interact with other team members to incorporate their innovations and vice versa.
• Identify and communicate best practices for front-end engineering.
• Proficient in the following technologies: Java language and related frameworks Multi-Threading and memory management specific to mobile devices.
• Understanding of caching mechanisms.
●Prior experience with one of the following frameworks: Angular, Ember, Sproutcore.
●Development experience with HTML5 & CSS3.
●Experience with Agile software development methodologies and productivity tools.
●Unmistakable passion for elegant and intuitive user interfaces.
●Ability to write well-abstracted, reusable code for all components.
●Expert knowledge of web technologies. 5+ years of experience building cutting edge web applications.
●Passion for performance debugging and benchmarking.
●Extremely detail oriented.
●BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
•Hands-on development experience with highly-available, scalable software, platforms and services.
•Mobile applications desired.
•Strong track record of shipping products with broad customer impact.
•Experience with AWS.
•Passion for education and language learning.
•Obsessive focus on the customer.
Rosetta Stone is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws