Santa Monica, California
High School or equivalent
Senior Environment Concept Artist - Treyarch (temporary)
We are on the hunt for a super talented Concept Artist to join our team for an onsite, temporary gig. This is a critical role that pushes the visual look and style of the game forward. The Concept Artist works directly with the Art and Associate Art Directors, as well as the immediate teams attached to the piece to provide visual communication.
What you’ll be doing:
• Create concepts for a wide variety of team needs. The bulk of the work will center on environmental scenes, 2d graphic art, storyboards, and more.
• Research and create inspirational pieces for the pre-production of levels.
• Generate paint overs on the existing game to push the visuals further and problem solves areas.
• Work closely with the team attached to the piece to ensure the concepts are as effective as possible. Seek out additional knowledge by interacting with the art and design staff, as well as reading game documentation and playing the game as needed to deliver the most informed piece as possible.
Skills and experience you’ll need:
• Must have prior experience in either the film or game industry.
• Be an expert in Photoshop
• Has a strong background in traditional art skills and demonstrates an understanding of fundamentals like composition, perspective, proportion, scale, value, and color theory.
• Demonstrates strong sketching abilities as well as rendering, matt painting, graphic design and iconography. Understands which art techniques to employ to deliver the piece on time while communicating what is needed to the team.
• Utilize 3d applications like sketch up, Modo, 3ds, or Maya to facilitate work.
• Can create hyper realistic environmental scenes.
• Strong understanding of architecture construction and environmental design.
• Have a proven record of meeting deadlines.
• Is fast and organized doing research and reference gathering.
• Has excellent communication skills and is able to work one on one, in groups, and with multiple departments and different personalities. Is proactive amongst all parties.
• Possesses the ability to take direction and feedback from the team as well as contribute ideas. Understands the artwork is functional to the game, has game play relevance and implications, and needs to clearly communicate to the team of its intended goals.
• Shows an interest in delivering the best possible results and puts in effort to achieve them.
• Must be comfortable with learning new tools, including some of the game tools.
• Must have a portfolio of work for consideration. Web based portfolios are preferred.
Treyarch is home to some of the industry's best and brightest talent, and has garnered a reputation for being one of the industry's premier art, design and technology powerhouses. Our studio’s successful track record of releasing AAA blockbuster hits (you’ve heard of Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, right?), extensive infrastructure and strong management provides a solid foundation from which it can successfully pioneer major franchises and build on our successes to date.
More Jobs Like This
We couldn't find matching jobs.