We are looking for a top-tier Senior Environment Artist to join our studio. We desire someone who has honed their craft to a razor-sharp edge and is dedicated to high quality production values. The ideal candidate will also be a dedicated team player and be flexible to the day-to-day needs of the project.
Home to some of the industry's best and brightest talent, Treyarch is an industry-leading game developer whose Call of Duty: Black Ops II set world-wide launch day records, and whose previous game Call of Duty®: Black Ops set an entertainment launch opening record upon its release in 2010 and continues to be one of the best-selling games of all time.
What you'll be doing:
- Model and texture realistic, modular, hard-surface and organic set pieces and props for a diverse set of environments using cutting-edge art tools.
- Create realistic materials using physically-based shaders for use on architecture and terrain.
- Proactively work with level layout designers to deliver on gameplay functionality while achieving aesthetic goals.
- Work from photo reference, style sheets, and concept during the art creation process.
- Engage in active research and development that takes environment art to a higher level of fidelity and technical prowess.
- Adhere to the aesthetic and technical standards set by the Art Directors and Environment Lead.
- Mentor junior artists to develop their artistic, technical, and communication skills.
The skills/experience you'll need:
- Master level experience creating a diverse range of photorealistic set pieces, props, textures, and materials that push the limits of game development hardware.
- Master level experience using Zbrush, and Autodesk 3D packages to create high resolution models for baking down to game-ready assets.
- Master level experience creating clean and efficient models with proper UV layouts.
- Master level experience using Adobe Photoshop to create photorealistic textures based on concepts and/or photo reference.
- A deep understanding of physically-based shaders and the ability to achieve the desired surface qualities across a variety of environment assets.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in full-cycle AAA game development.
- Two or more published games in a Senior Environment Artist role.
- A portfolio demonstrating the ability to execute a diverse range of environments including hard surface props, weathered architecture, destruction, and organic assets.
- Work well in a large team environment, be proactive, and have excellent communication skills.
- Skilled at time management and balancing art quality versus performance in the game engine.
- A passion for making great games
And you'll really get our attention if you have:
- Experience creating next generation game foliage using traditional 3D methods or procedural 3D packages.
- Experience using NDO, DDO, Substance Designer and 3D painting packages to paint models.
- Experience assembling and lighting environments in Radiant, Unreal, or a similar level editor.
- Research and develop experience for next generation game development.