High School or equivalent
Senior Environment Artist
Great Games Start with Great People!
Activision Blizzard, headquartered in Santa Monica, CA, is the premier worldwide publisher of interactive entertainment software. Activision Blizzard’s portfolio includes such best-selling video game franchises as Activision Publishing’s Call of Duty, Spider-Man, X-Men, James Bond, and Transformers, in addition to Blizzard Entertainment’s StarCraft, Diablo, Warcraft and the #1 subscription based massively multi-player online role-playing game, World of Warcraft. Activision Blizzard is the umbrella organization over Activision Publishing and Blizzard Entertainment, providing corporate shared services, such as Legal, HR, Finance, IT, Accounting, Facilities and Sales.
High Moon Studios, part of Activision Blizzard, is developing a high-profile, action-packed title. Based in Carlsbad, CA, we offer a creative and challenging environment that fosters collaboration, mentorship and camaraderie. We're dedicated to making successful high quality games, and we are looking for outstanding candidates to join our talented team.
SENIOR ENVIRONMENT ARTIST
A talented senior individual contributor with in-depth expertise who will create visually inspiring and creative 3D artwork for a high-profile title.
· Creates believable, photo-realistic 3D models and textures from concept art and photo reference.
· Assembles, edits, and optimizes highly detailed 3d environments.
· Troubleshoots technical and artistic issues.
· Communicates effectively with team members, production and management to ensure that project goals are met.
· Provides mentorship to less experienced team members.
· Assists the Art Director by communicating and carrying out the vision of the game.
· 5+ years of experience creating high-quality 3D art assets and levels for AAA games.
· Has worked on two or more published titles as a 3D artist.
· Ability to create realistic 3D props, environments and textures from concept art and photo reference.
· Basic understanding of shaders and lighting.
· Proficient in next-gen asset creation.
· Highly proficient in Maya or 3ds Max, Photoshop and Zbrush. Radiant engine experience is a strong plus.
· Communicates and partners effectively with the development team.
· Detail oriented and highly organized.
· Awareness of console game budgets and technical constraints.
· Handles constructive feedback well.
· Strong interpersonal communication skills.
· Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
· Continuous learner.
· Ability to adapt to change.
Activision Blizzard and its affiliated companies is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. .