We are seeking an experienced Senior Engineer to join our team in San Francisco. This is a major opportunity to contribute to an exciting new IP. You will develop gameplay systems and functionality for mobile games in close collaboration with the production, design and art teams using industry-standard tools and proprietary NaturalMotion technologies. The successful candidate will be an experienced developer with a strong passion for games.
- Collaborate with the design, art and production teams to devise optimal engineering solutions to gameplay requirements.
- Implement software systems with attention to security, reliability, scalability, maintainability and performance.
- Code sophisticated client/server systems to support asynchronous multiplayer gameplay.
- Identify and articulate technical and production risks and obstacles.
- Lead and participate in design and code reviews.
- Write robust, quality code and maintain code quality across the team
- Shipped at least 3 titles on any platform
- Completed at least one title from concept to release
- 6+ years of game industry experience
- 5+ years professional C++ development experience
- Experience working in an agile development framework
- Excellent knowledge of game physics and 3D Math
- Experience with dynamic languages such as Lua, Rudy, Python or Actionscript
- Experience with databases, client/server and relevant online technologies
- Working knowledge of Open GL ES, shaders and 3D animation
- Practical knowledge of the iOS and Android platforms
- Experience working in the pre-production aspects of game development
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet team deadlines
- Passion for gaming (particularly mobile games!)
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with online services such as Facebook, iOS Game Center and Google Play
- Interest or experience developing AI and combat systems
- Team leadership experience or desire to mentor junior programmers
- Experience developing tools in C#