Senior Engineer, Game Engines – Core Tech Team
The 2K Core Technology group is looking for an experienced engine programmer to work with our worldwide studios and development partners, helping them fully utilize the power of next-generation console and PC platforms. Work on exciting new IP as well as some of the industry’s most beloved franchises. Versatility is key; you will work with in-house custom engines as well as industry leading middleware, on a variety of game types and genres.
• Serve as a technical expert to the entire 2K label on topics such as optimization, multicore / multithreaded programming and next-generation console hardware and platform capabilities.
• Support individual development teams by providing engineering services.
• Mentor engineers and make technical recommendations while supporting individual development.
• Show support while working with others to design solutions to difficult problems.
• Support individual development teams by assisting in optimization and polish.
• He/She should be able to dive into unfamiliar codebases and quickly adapt.
• Prioritize tasks in order to meet critical deadlines.
• Assess performance and memory issues and make effective improvements.
• Develop core technologies designed to empower individual development teams and streamline the development process.
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 5+ years experience developing high-performance, low-level software for console systems.
• The ability to work effectively in a variety of situations: independently, on a team, or with multiple teams across multiple territories and time zones; with familiar or unfamiliar codebases; with in-house technology or middleware.
• Familiarity with all major game systems (graphics, physics, animation, AI, networking, etc.).
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Able to travel as needed to work on-site with development studios for short periods.
• Has worked on and shipped from “start to finish” one or more AAA game titles.
• Experience working with multiple game teams in a central technology group.
• Significant experience with recent versions of Unreal Engine and/or CryEngine.