Senior Engine Programmer
2K Games seeks the talents of a senior engine programmer who enjoys a collaborative and creative work environment and is looking to push the boundaries of cutting edge hardware.
Research, develop, implement, and debug high-end techniques applicable to large-scale environments.
- Write code that fulfills the functional and technical requirements of the project.
- Provide the Lead Programmer with feedback regarding the time allotted to assigned tasks.
- Assist the artists and designers with the creation of cutting edge environments within technical requirements.
- Optimize game subsystem by taking full advantage of target hardware and architecture.
- Work with proprietary existing software technology and build new technology in order to fulfill the project’s technical requirements.
- Research coding techniques and algorithms in order to keep current on technological developments and advancements in the game industry.
- Identify technical and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions to overcome identified risks.
- Supervise junior or mid-level programmers as required
- Participate on development of low level systems like streaming, generic serialization, entity system and more
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- 5+ years of programming experience on commercial software projects.
- Experience developing for games; preferably: action, FPS or 3PS titles
- Shipped one or more AAA game titles.
- Experience with multi-processor programming.
- Experience developing for game consoles.
- Experience working on core gameplay systems and/or AI
- Experience working on multi-platform software projects.
- Expertise in C/C++
- Strong 3D math skills.
- Ability to research, analyze and optimize code to meet performance requirements.
- Ability to learn and master new technologies and code.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under reasonable deadlines.
To Apply - https://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH09/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=GAMES2K&cws=1&rid=856