Durham, North Carolina
Senior Engine Programmer
Low level programming. Like Mariana Trench work... that is what we are talking about. Insomniac Games is looking for a seasoned, senior level programmer who is not afraid to dive in and work with our Core team to design, add and modify features of both runtime and tools components of the engine. This programmer would design, write and modify data and code with a heavy focus on real-time performance and usability, and provide and help guide features which can be used in practice to create best-in-class contributions to our games. This is a big opening to fill – but we know there are some adventurers out there! Please read on:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Design and develop new engine technology for current and future games based on prioritized list of what other departments require
- Contribute innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of game production and development
- Collaborate with others on the team to design and build architectures for new systems, and maintain and improve those of current systems.
- Advise and mentor other programmers (both inside and outside the Engine department)
- Work proactively with Engine Director to identify technical and developmental risks and obstacles and helps generate solutions
- Provide technical leadership in areas of specialization and assist other engineers with technical questions
- Work independently to complete assigned projects with limited supervision
- Implement new functionality in engine.
- Respond to bugs and feature requests related to engine code as directed
- Keep current with the technological developments and advancements in the computer game industry
- Revise program for corrections, enhancements, or system environment changes
- Complete processor-specific optimization tasks
- Analyze code performance
- Work with debugging software on specific game platforms
- Document technology implementation details
- This position is required to advise and mentor other programmers within their specific areas of expertise inside and outside the Engine Dept.
- Other duties may be assigned
Education and/or Experience:
- Master’s degree or equivalent; or more than seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Fluency in C, C++, and assembly/microcode programming (various CPU cores).
- Strong grasp of mathematical concepts, graphics, collision detection, data transformation, database management, and advanced programming techniques.
If you are ready to dive deep – then this is the spot for you. We look forward to hearing from you. Please use the link below and apply directly to the position. Thanks!
Apply for this job
All applicant profiles are saved in the Resume Database. Privacy settings can be adjusted here.
More Jobs Like This
We couldn't find matching jobs.
Friends Who Might Be Interested