With over 300 million registered users and more than 70 games, Bigpoint.com is one of the top international online gaming portals. Employees from over 35 different nations work at the company headquarters in Hamburg (Germany) and at other locations like in Berlin, San Francisco and Paris to develop and publish browser-based games and provide content to large media concerns . Bigpoint cooperates with high-profile companies like NBC, SyFy, mail.ru, Pro7Sat1, M6, Antena 3 and many others to distribute top core games such as the adventure saga Drakensang Online and the space odyssey Battlestar Galactica Online as well as award winning casual games like the farm simulation Farmerama and the city builder Rising Cities. Bigpoint's many international awards are proof of our commitment to excellence and their dedication to providing our customers with the best quality available.
Senior Engine Developer C++ (m/f)
Division: Development / Engineering Location: Berlin Reference Number: B56042
We are looking for a motivated and passionate Rendering Engine Developer to maintain our engine for several new and existing games. Building on your previous development experience, you are able to provide a strong technical vision and you are motivated to push beyond technical boundaries!
- You maintain the 3D rendering engine for browser-based high-quality MMO games
- You develop architectures, pipelines and processes for numerous games
- You will define and design software requirements and specifications derived from requirements by the game and other development teams
- You are able to tackle larger goals or tasks, plan and develop engineering solutions, specify and communicate the single tasks
- You support the development teams of other games through the process of requirements definition, including the provision of knowledge, tools and prototypes
- You prioritize, multi-task and perform in a deadline oriented environment
Required Experience, Skills and Abilities
- You are an experienced software engineer with extensive experience in architecture and team guiding and have relevant job experience
- You have extensive practical knowledge of C++ (6 years at minimum)
- You successfully worked on at least one shipped 3D-Game in a senior role
- You hold at minimum a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Game Development, Computer Engineering, Engineering Sciences or related/comparable qualification
- You have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with engine middleware such as Unity, Unreal, CryEngine is a plus
- You provide profound and disciplined programming skills with state-of-the-art knowledge and experience in system design, architectures and best practices
- You have practical experience with other languages (e.g. Java, Python)
- You are fluent in technical and business English
- A challenging and engaging software development environment with multiple proven and exciting games from start to end
- A professional and international team of specialist in all areas supporting you with long-year industry expertise
- Teamwork, quick decisions and possibilities to grow and supply own ideas
- Career paths and options to develop further over time
- More than 300 million users eagerly awaiting your game!
If you feel that your talent and abilities would make a valuable contribution to our future, we'd love to hear from you! Please apply online and make sure to mention your salary expectations and quoting reference number B56042.
Please be aware, that we will only accept applications via our website. We regret that we won’t be able to consider applications which were send by post.