Santa Monica, California
High School or equivalent
Senior Concept Artist, Vehicles and Weapons - Treyarch - (Temporary)
We are seeking a crazy talented Senior Concept Artist to help design vehicles and weapons for next gen AAA game. This will be a long-term, temporary gig.
Treyarch is home to some of the industry's best and brightest talent, and has garnered a reputation for being one of the industry's premier art, design and technology powerhouses. The studio’s successful track record of releasing AAA blockbuster hits, extensive infrastructure, and strong management provides a solid foundation from which it can successfully pioneer major franchises and build on our successes to date.
What you’ll be doing:
· Create concept art for vehicles and weapons and some props, ranging from loose study sketches to orthographic line art to fully rendered images.
· Generate paint overs on temp art assets to push the visuals further and problem solve.
· Work closely with Artists, Animators, and Designers on design and function of vehicles and weapons.
· Work closely with Art Directors and Lead Artist to ensure common visual language.
The skills/experience you’ll need:
· Have at least 5 years of experience in either the film or game industry.
· Be an expert in Photoshop.
· Have a strong background in traditional art skills and demonstrate an understanding of fundamentals like three dimensional space, composition, perspective, proportion, scale, value, and color theory.
· Demonstrates strong sketching abilities as well as rendering, graphic design and iconography. Understands which art techniques to employ to deliver the piece on time while communicating what is needed to the team.
· Need a strong sense of material surfaces and ability to communicate that visually.
· Have a proven record of meeting deadlines.
· Fast and organized doing research and reference gathering.
· Have excellent communication skills and ability to work one on one, in groups, and with multiple departments and different personalities, always being proactive.
· Possess the ability to take direction and feedback from the team as well as contribute ideas. Understands the artwork is functional to the game, has game play relevance and implications, and needs to clearly communicate to the team of its intended goals.
· Must be committed to delivering the best possible results and achieving visual expectations.
· Must be comfortable with learning new tools, including some of the game tools.
· Must have a portfolio of work for consideration. Web based portfolios are preferred.
· Bachelor's degree
And you’ll really get our attention if you have:
· A strong passion and knowledge about all things vehicles and weapons.
· A background in industrial and automotive design.
· Worked on vehicles and weapons in past projects.
· Utilize 3d applications like sketch up, Modo, 3ds, or Maya to facilitate work. .
More Jobs Like This
We couldn't find matching jobs.