As a senior concept artist you are at the tip of the spear of creating and championing new worlds for our games. You are an integral part of the team and are a key contributor in generating visuals to support our games. We’re looking for artists that are self-starting, versatile, and enjoy being part of a collaborative environment. The ideal candidate shares our sensibilities, loves dark gothic medieval worlds, and feels there are countless stories left to tell!
- Create environmental concepts that include landscape / architectural designs, props, and occasional mood paintings.
- Create character / creature concepts including character sheets and detailed callouts of equipment and weapons.
- Iterate on game assets with production artists via paint overs, studies, and group critiques.
- Visualize complex environments through the use of basic components.
- Strong understanding of digital content creation tools such as Photoshop, Painter, etc.
- Excellent illustration skills, deep understanding of composition, anatomy, color theory, values, form, shape language, and silhouette
- An exceptional understanding of human and creature anatomy with a keen eye towards form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regards to illustration and design
- Understanding of the distinctive Blizzard Entertainment visual style and a passion to push it to the next level
- A passion for video games
- Working knowledge 3D art techniques and software packages such as Maya, 3Ds Max, or Zbrush
- Strong foundation in the traditional arts, including but not limited to figure drawing, landscape painting, and illustration
- Have shipped AAA PC or console titles as a concept artist
Submission / Portfolio requirements
- Cover letter
- Portfolio of relevant work required
- Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog or online album)Willingness to complete art test if required
**Only submittals with all three will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. and its affiliated companies is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.