Senior Class Designer
Responsibilities will include design and implementation of class combat abilities, class resource mechanics, ability progression, and working with animators, FX artists, and other developers on implementation, gameplay tuning, and iteration.
The ideal candidate for this position needs to have a thorough understanding of game development processes and pipelines, an ability to adapt to and work with an existing tool set, and an established track record designing fun and engaging MMO or RPG class abilities. Candidates should be prepared to show and discuss past examples of their past work.
• Collaborate with internal and external development resources to design, implement and iterate player classes and class abilities.
• Work with an existing suite of development tools and game systems to create exciting and engaging player classes and gameplay.
• Responsible for class balance and tuning.
• Contribute to all aspects of game design.
Thorough understanding of the game development process and requirements.
• Exceptional creativity.
• Exceptional attention to detail.
• Love of computer and console role-playing/action games and MMOs.
• Excellent communication skills including communicating and receiving feedback from others.
• Able to adhere to tight schedules - and the ability to assist others in meeting those deadlines.
• Previous experience in as a combat or class designer on an MMO or RPG.
All resumes must be accompanied with website portfolio or samples of work. All applicants will be required to take a design test.