Konami Digital Entertainment Orange County Development Studios is looking for a senior backend server programmer willing to work within a tight-knit team. You will play an important role in creating each product you work on. If you want to have a real impact on the development of the games you’re working on, Konami OCDS might be the right place for you.
Network Systems experience
- Experience with linux/unix systems
- Knowledgeable on network topology and routing
- Knowledgeable with common network protocol life cycles FTP/HTTP/HTTPS/TCP-IP
- Knowledgeable with server services installation/running/troubleshooting (database,webserver,proxies, etc...)
- Knowledgeable with server script for automation
- Familiar with cloud provider platforms/services (AWS, etc ..)
- Comfortable building applications from source
Programming Server Business Logic
- Experience LUA, PYTHON, C, C++, PHP
- Experience working with KV stores (couchbase, redis, etc ...)
- Experience working with SQL databases ( MySql, Postgres, .. )
- Familiarity with QUEUE systems
- Design with 10,000 concurrent users in mind
- Separation of concerns style, making things plug-able where they can be, reduce coupling.
- High level documentation of methods/procedures
- Colloaboration with others when dealing with proposed designs
- Troubleshoot/Debug from log files/system tools
- Load test implemented designs, gather practical limitation information
- Optimize with respect to load results
- Outline disaster planning, design/change to accommodate disaster scenarios.
- SQL database scheme familiarity, familiar with trade offs in schema design
- Knowledge of cluster services and modes of operation (KV store, databases, Log servers).
- Excited to take on challenges
- Can develop plans of action implement challenges
- Research investigate new options