Tango is looking for an exceptionally skilled Senior Artist to join our Austin team. The ideal candidate has a diverse set of skills in visual media – from creating concepts, to building and animating 2D characters and backgrounds, up to developing UI components and flow. In short, we need a highly skilled generalist who thrives in an environment where he or she can influence many aspects of art production.
A solid grasp of form and color is essential. The senior artist must be well-versed in tools such as Unity, Toon Boom, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, etc. The ideal candidate also works well in an environment with peers who are passionate about making great games and can rise to the occasion to help guide the team in best practices.
- A minimum 5 years’ experience in game development creating art assets using Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Flash or Toon Boom.
- An exceptional understanding of human and creature anatomy and a keen eye towards 2D form and shape.
- Familiarity with the principles of good visual design for UI to include work with icons and other interface elements.
- Critical eye for shade, color and detail.
- Self-motivation, good communication skills, and a great team attitude.
- Skill in one or more of the related creation tasks - illustration, modeling, texturing, animation, concept drawing.
- Experience in conveying visual direction to small teams.
- Willingness to relocate to Austin, Texas.
- Have shipped AAA PC, console or smartphone titles.
- Strong foundation in the traditional arts, including but not limited to figure drawing and illustration.
- A passion for developing high-quality mobile games.
Submission / Portfolio requirements:
- Cover letter
- Portfolio, and / or reel demonstrating relevant artistic skills required
Tango is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.