Senior Animator -Unity
Start date: Now
Location: San Diego
Compensation: Salary, Stock Options, & Benefits
Apply: Send CV or LinkedIn Profile to: email@example.com
Who you are...
- A talented realistic human animation artist who has had at least 3 years success in the console games business using the Unity game engine
- Motivated by creating realistic human animation, including lip-synching, using motion capture, IK and traditional hand animation
- Passionate about creating immersive 3D experiences that delight and amaze
- Yearning for a more meaningful and more difficult set of problems to solve
- Up for the task of extending the best of consumer entertainment to the aid of injured friends, families and strangers that are working hard to heal
- Ready to jump in and help build a company, and help launch the industry of digital medicine
What you’ll do…
- Work closely with Designers and Engineers to create compelling realistic human 3D animation, as well as other graphic elements including U/I, in the Unity game engine.
- Solve technical issues that arise with new tools and new hardware. 3D Modeling, Rigging, Texturing, Lighting, Animation in Maya (including with IK) and related tools as needed.
- Work with the Kinect and the Kinect V2
- Create realistic human animation, including lip-synching, using motion capture data as well as IK and traditional hand animation
- Texture and FX creation using Photoshop, After Effects, Fireworks, etc
Skills we’d like to see…
- At least 3 years at a Senior level of next-gen visual arts development in Unity game engine on console hardware (360/XboxOne or PS3/PS4).
- Must be able to demonstrate via portfolio, expertise in entire art pipeline of 3D created avatars from modeling to animation including texturing and lighting.
- Experience with Microsoft Kinect development and associated graphic pipeline
- Experience in using and modifying real-time materials.
- Excellent working knowledge of Maya, Photoshop. After Effects, and IK.
- Excellent 2D and 3D art sense (e.g. knowledge of composition, color, lighting etc
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with Designers, Programmers and other Artists.
Bonus Points for…
- Experience with one or more scripting/programming languages
- Experience creating particle effects and other special effects in the Unity game engine
- Kinect and other motion U/I experience
- Tablet and mobile design experience
- Interest in medical software and a passion for making a difference in patients' lives
Exceptional References Required
*** Online portfolio required for consideration