Respawn Entertainment is looking for talented and passionate animators to join our team.
Our animation department prides itself on having a high quality bar. We strive for excellence and beyond, and are always seeking ways to take our work to the next level. We believe that animation breathes life into a game. We believe that animation is a key part of defining the next generation of games and bringing about their most memorable moments; moments that the gamers don't simply sit back and watch, but moments that they live. Games have evolved to the point that animators must be true storytellers rather than just technicians. Respawn is looking for excellent animators who share our passions, and who will help us tell stories and express emotions through remarkable animations and gameplay.
Are you ready to create something awesome with us?
- Create high fidelity 3D animations for use in-game conveying strong key-framing animations.
- Help define and evangelize vision of the animation team.
- Work closely with designers and programmers to detail the requirements of the gameplay experience.
- Contribute to the creation of core gameplay elements (player control, ai motion, etc.)
- A self-motivator, owning animations from conception, evolution, and the final stages of polish, always striving to deliver work on time.
- Ability to self-critique as needed. Do you have “the eye”?
- Ability to handle critique. The more feedback you receive, the more you can tailor your work towards what is best for the game.
- Contribute in research and development aimed at improving animation pipeline and tools.
- Serve as mentor for junior level artists.
- Proactively seek out opportunities to identify and deal with issues before they arise.
- Contribute to establishing and enforcing consistent animation practices, constraints, and metrics throughout projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in art/animation.
- At least 4 years of professional game industry animation.
- Experience working on 3rd person action/exploration games.
- Experience working with a game engine and implementing 3D animations into the game.
- Experience in rapid prototyping to test feasibility of concepts.
- A team-player who understands the importance of collaboration, and can communicate effectively with all disciplines and departments.
- Strong game design sensibilities.
- Positive, solution-oriented individual passionate about making games and playing them.
- Ability to learn and master new tools and techniques.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess good knowledge of character setup and rigging.
- Motion Capture cleanup experience.
- Superior demo reel demonstrating strong animation competency.
To apply, send resume and link to online reel/portfolio to email@example.com.