We are looking for a skilled Retention Manager with a strong background in social mobile games to oversee initial levels on iOS and Android projects and dramatically increase early retention.
This position is based in the creative and inspiring city of New York, an international metropolis built on entertainment and opportunity! This position offers:
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Excellent cost of living and area growth
- Stability - check out our Annual Reports
- Flexible hours ( 9-6 or 10-7)
- Fun, passionate and creative studio with a casual, friendly atmosphere - we love to play Magic, board games, video games, Ultimate Frisbee and foosball!
- International environment with daily contact with other countries & cultures
- Challenging and rewarding work on the next great frontiers in games!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Making the initial experience a recurring one
- Fine-tuning the initial levels to ensure a smooth introductory tutorial experience
- Examining data to discover inferences that will lead you to quality design plans and proposals
- Developing a prompting system for returning players
- Adding challenges of the right depth and complexity at the right times with appropriate rewards
- Explaining challenges in the medium and long term
- Emphasizing social resources and potential to the player
- An experienced Game Designer (2+ years) for social and mobile games with successful mobile projects under your belt.
- A graduate of a top school in Game Design or similar field
- An empathetic designer – you understand your players very well, and continually research your player demographics
- A creative problem solver: You think differently than others and are able to look beyond a situation’s parameters to suggest a totally new approach.
- A mobile gamer across multiple genres: You are extremely knowledgeable on our games - and our competitors’ successful games too.
- Fluent in English, so we can all be on the same page no matter where we are from.
Why Join Us
Since 2000, Gameloft has proven a top innovator. We craft kick-ass games for all digital platforms and Our freemium and premium games from casual to hardcore are localized in 12 languages and more than 100 countries. Your skills will be seen by potentially millions of gamers. We partner with more legendary brands than we can fit into bullet points, We employ over 5,000 developers in over 30 countries spanning every continent and are on the top 120 companies of the NYSE Euronext Paris, ISIN: FR0000079600, Bloomberg: GFT FP, Reuters: GLFT.PA. Current hit Gameloft games include: Despicable Me: Minion Rush, Asphalt 8: Airborne, My Little Pony Friendship is Magic, Ironman 3, Kingdoms & Lords, GT Racing 2, Shark Dash, Oregon Trail: American Settler, A Good Day to Die Hard, NOVA: Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance, Littlest Pet Shop, The Dark Knight Rises, PLAYMOBIL Pirates, Real Soccer 2012 HD.