Respawn is looking for a rendering focused Technical Artist to join our team. The ideal candidate will have Unreal experience and support the Environment, VFX, and Character Art teams. This position is for our new 3rd person action/adventure game.
- Collaborate with graphic programmers and the art team to build tools, pipelines, and graphic features.
- Work with the art team to build tools and shaders in Unreal Engine 4.
- Work with the art team to ensure proper game performance, optimizations, and best practices.
- Generate and maintain documentation for art pipeline and processes.
- Continue to develop and improve skills by being aware of industry trends and techniques, evaluating competitive products, and learning new software packages.
- Minimum 5 years experience in the game industry, and one shipped AAA title.
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 or a shipped title with previous versions of Unreal is a plus.
- Thorough understanding of physically based materials, lighting and associated workflows.
- Proficient in Maya or similar 3D modeling package.
- Strong understanding of Python, mel or similar scripting systems required.
- Excellent communication, organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- B.A.in fine arts or relevant curriculum, or equivalent skill set.
To consider you for this role we’ll want to see a portfolio with relevant work samples. To apply, please send your resume and a link to your online portfolio to email@example.com