The Release Engineer will be responsible for developing a build and release process, setting up the appropriate infrastructure, documenting the process and automating the process.
This role is for an Engineer who thrives in a collaborative, diverse environment and is passionate about games. You will be in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment with responsibilities that include automating builds and managing releases.
- Design, build, develop a build and release management system
- Design & enforce policies for managing source code within Perforce, including branching, merging and tagging policies to support parallel development
- Provide continuous support on builds and strive to make the build and releases as close to automated as possible
- Monitor and administer the automated build and continuous integration process to ensure correct build execution, and facilitate resolution of build failures
- Develop and maintain documentation of the build/release process
- Investigate tools that might speed up the process or make us more efficient in build and release management
- Experience in maintaining and working with Windows, Mac and Linux environments
- Experience in mobile automation
- Experience in designing, building and maintaining an automated build and release environment
- Experience in builds developed in Java, Flash, PHP, HTML, Gradle, Ant, Maven, and other technologies.
- Experience with Jenkins
- Experience in designing a software release process to satisfy internal audit and compliance
- Experience in coordinating release from Development to production
- Experience with Shell scripting and Linux experience is a must.
- Experience in Perforce and familiarity with Perforce Streams
- Familiar with object-oriented programming like Java
- Familiar with SQL and relational database like MYSQL
- Familiar with Puppet, Jira, Perforce and other release tools
Education and Requirements:
- BS/BA in Computer Science or a related field.
- Minimum of 1+ years’ experience as a Software Release Engineer.
- Core Competencies :
- Must have self-starting personality, unafraid to display initiative and innovation on the job.
- Must possess strong communication skills, including listening abilities.
- Must be a team player willing to share ideas with the ability to contribute to discussions passionately but objectively, while seeking and respecting differing opinions from others.
- Must have the ability to multi-task and handle multiple priorities and business partner expectations.
- Able to take initiative in appropriate situations.