Back in the day, there used to be a person who worked with the railroads, and made sure that a train was on the right set of tracks, and pulled a lever to branch the trains from one set of tracks to another… well we’re looking for just that person. Sorry to say –but no trains are involved here- it’s maintaining code, and the integration process. Insomniac Games is looking for a release engineer to maintain project branches; someone who can coordinate with the programming, art, design and QA teams to ensure that stable milestone builds are delivered. It’s an amazing juggling act- but one we think you can handle. Read on for details:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Maintain stable and development branches used by the production team, updating and integrating as appropriate.
- Coordinate with programming, art, design, PM and QA teams to ensure stable milestone and development builds are available.
- Work closely with the publisher to submit gold and patch builds; create disc/package builds and associated tools or automated processes.
- Work to continually improve branching, integration, disk/package building, and archiving processes
- Manage multiple builds and overlapping deadlines
- Other duties may be assigned
Education and/or Experience:
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Familiarity with revision control software (Perforce, Subversion, CVS, etc.) and continuous integration software
- Some familiarity with programming languages, especially C, C++, Perl, LUA and Python.
Preferred Skills- these will make your life easier!
- An excellent understanding of branch management for stability
- Intimate knowledge of Perforce and its underlying systems for integration and branching
- Familiarity with game production pipelines
- Scripting experience in an interpreted language (Perl, Python, LUA, etc.)
- Strong ability to multitask and manage multiple deadlines
- Driven to stay current with new advances and trends in branch management
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
If this sounds like the spot for you, then we want to hear from you. Please use the link below and apply on line. Please note that this job is a project hire. We anticipate this position to last about 6 months. Thanks!