Quality Assurance (QA) Tester - Temporary
Great Games Start with Great People!
Activision Blizzard, headquartered in Santa Monica, CA, is the premier worldwide publisher of interactive entertainment software. Activision Blizzard's portfolio includes such best-selling video game franchises as Activision Publishing's Call of Duty, Spider-Man, X-Men, James Bond, and Transformers, in addition to Blizzard Entertainment's StarCraft, Diablo, Warcraft and the #1 subscription based massively multi-player online role-playing game, World of Warcraft. Activision Blizzard is the umbrella organization over Activision Publishing and Blizzard Entertainment, providing corporate shared services, such as Legal, HR, Finance, IT, Accounting, Facilities and Sales.
High Moon Studios, part of Activision Blizzard, is developing a high-profile, action-packed console title. Based in Carlsbad, we offer a creative and challenging environment that fosters collaboration, mentorship and camaraderie. We're dedicated to making successful high quality games, and we are looking for outstanding candidates to join our talented team.
Quality Assurance Tester (Temporary)
· Tests pre-release versions of next-generation game products and game tools for ease of use, reliability, consistency and absence of product defects.
· Learns the testing function and participates in game evaluations, a process that measures the functionality of the game and the specific design recommendations to address problems and increase playability.
· Frequently uses independent judgment within established procedures.
· Participates in game testing activities and assists in preparing bug reports.
· Compiles lists of any defects or design issues found during testing.
· May be asked to participate in meetings with other members of the development team.
· Works with development team to track down issues, uses a variety of game authoring tools to test pipelines.
· Maintains a positive team atmosphere with peers and management.
· Reports to the Executive Producer.
· Familiar with MS Word, Excel and bug databases.
· Knowledge of console games.
· Understanding of software quality assurance practices.
· Knowledge of Xbox 360 and PS3.
· Self-driven, problem-solver and a great team player.
· 1+ year QA Tester experience in games.
· Strong passion for video games.
· Bonus: Experience working on TRC/TCR testing
· Bonus: Video capture/editing skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Communicates effectively with the development team.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Strong problem solving and trouble-shooting skills.
· Continuous learner.
· Ability to adapt to change.
Activision Blizzard and its affiliated companies is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer.
More Jobs Like This
We couldn't find matching jobs.