The Quality Assurance (QA) Director is responsible for overseeing all Publishing Quality Assurance activities for all WB Games published products across Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, Apple, PC and all future platforms, whether they’re developed by WB Games Montreal, Netherrealm, Rocksteady or external Studios. The QA Director works closely with producers, testers, engineers and others within the organization to create a complete test process and monitors quality and budgets over assigned projects. The QA Director manages the relationships with external QA vendors. The QA Director defines the best strategies within given constraints to provide the highest value quality service on all products assigned to WBGM QA. In addition, the QA Director is responsible for hiring, training, supervising, scheduling, and monitoring the activities of all QA personnel.
- Oversee the execution of all QA activities, including software quality assurance and certification testing.
- Originate, implement and enforce testing processes, procedures and standards across all WB Games products. These policies should be created by working closely with existing product teams and QA personnel
- Define strategies and solutions to optimize budget allocation and general service improvements for the testing of our products
- Validate test plans that span of a product’s lifecycle and cover art, design and engineering quality assurance as well as localization testing of all SKUs
- Manage all QA budgets and deliver any needed information to PD and Corporate Finance.
- Oversee the internal certification and compliance group, including approval of staffing for specific skill sets and keeping up to date on Sony’s TRC, Microsoft’s TCR, Nintendo’s Lotcheck, Microsoft’s Games For Windows™ issues, as well as any future compliance and certification technologies
Manage external QA vendor relationships, which includes but is not limited to:
- Identifying and negotiating work contracts with external vendors for services related to the testing of WB’s games (e.g., compatibility, pre-certification, localization testing, etc.)
- Work with product teams and QA product Lead to deliver effective test suites and guidelines to external QA partners
- Review results of the working relationships to refine future processes
- Create and manage QA budget P/L for all products according to the slate release schedule. This will include staffing plans to accommodate full-time personnel as well as the use of extensive QA contract personnel
- Sets operating, cost, and quality goals for the department
- Oversee the creation, execution, development, and future planning of QA attached support services.
- 10+ years of software QA experience.
- 5+ years of QA management experience within the computer or video game field
- Experience with game console certifications as required by Windows, Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo.
- Excellent understanding of PC and console game testing.
- In depth understanding of formal test and development processes.
- Excellent hiring and performance management skills.
- Ability to create solid test plans and strategies.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent negotiation, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Online/internet skills.
- Knowledge of MS Project and Adobe Photoshop a plus.
- Bachelors Degree in CS or equivalent.
- Masters Degree preferred