Blizzard Entertainment is looking for intelligent and highly motivated testers to test our games, and support applications. Ideal candidates must have strong technical skills, troubleshooting ability, communications skills, and a solid understanding of quality assurance.
- Identify and execute testing for complex and interconnected functionality.
- Submit professionally written feedback on the balance and design of Blizzard titles.
- Build appropriate checklists for different test cases using team appropriate tools.
- Contribute to and execute on test plans that encompass all data and systems of a feature.
- Auditing of existing tools and scripts to maintain and improve testing processes.
- Effectively drive and facilitate group tasks and promote a team environment.
- Assist leadership with testing estimates for features based on their scope and complexity.
- Top tier Blizzard gaming experience in either WoW Raiding / PvP, StarCraft 2, Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm or a minimum of 1 year of software testing experience
- Exceptional communications skills (oral, written, and listening)
- Available and willing to work long hours, including weekends
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent technical skills
- Absolute passion for Blizzard Entertainment video games
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering discipline, or comparable industry experience
- Knowledge of C++ / C# / Java / Scripting
- Knowledge of web applications and browsers
- Automation experience
- Top tier gaming experience with Action RPGs, Collectible / Trading Card Games, MMORPGs, MOBAs, or RTS genres
- ISTQB Certification
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter (make sure to mention language proficiencies, if any)
- Game Analysis
- The game analysis should demonstrate your understanding of the gameplay mechanics and relationships to the design and implementation of the game
- The game analysis should be on either a computer game or console game. This game analysis should not be on a game made by Blizzard Entertainment
- Please limit your game analysis to no longer than 5 pages (the average length of an analysis is approximately 3 pages)