QA Tester - Temp
Test video game titles on various consoles, PC’s and handhelds to ensure flawless game play by thoroughly checking the software for errors and entering them into the testing database. Reports to the Lead and/or QA Manager. This is a 6 month or less contract.
• Find defects in the software.
• Accurately execute all assigned test cases.
• Enter detailed, but concise, bugs into bug database.
• Regress fixed bugs on each release.
• Help new testers learn the testing process.
• Be prepared to provide insight as to the playability of a title.
• Assist with the management of the bug database, as required.
• Provide a positive role model, in terms of both work performance and attitude.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum age of 18 years and above.
• Passion for video games.
• Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
• Reliable with the ability to work in a team environment.
• Attention to detail and positive personality.
• Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
• Overtime work is mandatory; throughout the week, weekends and some holidays.
• Must be able to communicate effectively in English, in both written and oral forms.
• Testing experience with multiple games on multiple platforms.
• Technically proficient with PC’s and gaming consoles.
• Computer literacy, specifically MS Word and Outlook.