Foster City, California
Playstation 3, Xbox 360
High School or equivalent
QA Tester - Sledegammer Games - (Temporary)
Sledgehammer Games, developers of Call of Duty MW3, is hiring! The primary responsibility of the Developer Embedded QA role at Sledgehammer Games is to assist the development team in finding bugs early in the development cycle. Sledgehammer Games values QA as an integral part of the development team. This role is part of the studio QA team, and provides a critical voice in all aspects of the game, as well as being equal stakeholders in building a world class studio culture and maintaining our commitment to excellence in everything we do. In short, we offer a best in class QA working environment, and in turn, we are looking for best in class QA professionals.
Sledgehammer Games was founded with a singular goal: Achieve Excellence. We have a state of the art facility, an industry leading development team, and a studio culture built to promote and support world class game developers. We are actively recruiting top talent for our Call of Duty development team. If you are passionate and driven to do your best work, and have a desire to work on the most successful FPS franchise in the history of video games, please apply online.
Come take a closer look at our studio, our culture, and some of the worldwide press for our latest game, Modern Warfare 3, at www.sledgehammergames.com.
Candidates will be required to use various tools and testing methodologies to execute against a testing plan as well ad-hoc testing. Qualified candidates need to be a self-starter, able to operate in a highly dynamic environment, and have concise execution during times of high stress. Additionally the candidate may need to stretch and handle additional unrelated testing tasks, i.e. fps sweeps, daily smoke reports, etc. This is a great entry-level opportunity for someone who has some QA background, an eye for details, and a passion for the gaming industry. This position reports into the QA Lead and will interact directly with all disciplines of the development team.
· Execute against test plans and matrices for the game and tools.
· Documents bugs in the database with concise repro steps.
· Regressing bugs daily in the database.
· Performs daily checks throughout all development phases for both the game and tools.
· Provides daily status updates and trends to QA Lead and development team.
· Works hand-in-hand with QA Lead and development team to decrease the number of bugs that make it into the main devline.
· Compiles lists of any defects or design issues found during testing.
· Works with development team to track down issues.
· Maintains a positive team atmosphere with peers and management.
· Performs frame rate sweeps.
· Tackles any testing tasks big or small head on, no questions asked.
· Ad-hoc testing throughout.
· 1-2 years of QA testing experience in video games; FPS experience a major plus.
· Must have tested and shipped Xbox 360 and PS3 games.
· Familiar with MS Word, Excel and bug databases.
· Good understanding of software quality assurance practices
· Self-driven, problem-solver and a great team player.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills; ability to effectively communicate with the development team.
· Strong problem solving and trouble-shooting skills.
· Continuous learner.
· Must be able to adapt to change.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Proven track record for meeting deadlines and schedules.
· Ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment while maintaining a professional attitude. .
More Jobs Like This
We couldn't find matching jobs.