HITN is currently seeking a QA tester to continually and extensively test our software for bugs, performance, education, and brand issues. Also test for areas of improvement.
- Test and review for bugs by comparing software to game design documents and speech documents.
- Compile bug reports that clearly communicate to the HITN development team what the issues are.
- Schedule bug list review meetings with the producers to determine bug priorities and potential solutions to problems.
Support the game design process
Be a video game enthusiast. Have a strong grasp of what makes a game great.
- Aid in the development and testing of prototypes.
- Support the outreach team by collaborating on user guides and other materials that require “expert” knowledge of our software.
- Be able to answer any questions the rest of the organization may have in regard to our software and make sure all materials are aligned correctly from both brand and educational perspectives.
- Handle requests from outreach and our research partners for account creation, and aid in the testing, troubleshooting and user management of the analytics database system.
- Analyze and report on competitive software, and technical development in mobile, console, and web technologies, and research new methods of delivering our educational content.
- College degree preferred
- 2+ years of experience testing software and maintaining bug and change request lists
- Experience developing games, software, or children’s media applications for iOS, Web, Android, or PC Platforms
- Passion for video games and related technologies
- Able to work in team environment, interface with internal staff and external vendors
- Proficient with MS Office, iOS and Android operating systems
- Experience working in multi-cultural organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred
SALARY AND COMPERNSATION
The total rewards package includes a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits program.