Machine Zone creator of the top 5 grossing iOS game, Game of War is hiring for our QA team!
Are you excited about leading a Mobile QA team that loves to test games and thrives on being challenged by cutting-edge technology? Then this is the perfect opportunity for you! The QA Manager will lead our team of QA testers in test validation and verification within a mobile gaming space. This role is hands-on, and allows you to drive implementations and testing solutions for some of the most highly anticipated mobile games ever!
- Lead, inspire, and mentor a 15+ team of QA professionals to meet/exceed department goals
- Communicate, measure, report, and track performance of simultaneous projects on-time
- Anticipate skill gaps and organizational needs for team and projects
- Understand the overall project status, skillfully adapt to changes, and effectively communicate trade-offs and risks
- Work closely with the leadership team and game engineers to prioritize and meet deliverables
- Build effective teams, establish goals, delegate assignments, and ensure efficient use of resources both locally and remotely
- Create extensive test plans, strategies for testing specific game features, and script solutions to boost productivity
- Act as the point of contact for all projects, owning testing results, test plans, etc.
- Manage the QA team through the development process, launch, and post-launch
- Be “the voice” of QA, and take part in other activities within the company as needed
- 2+ years as a QA Manager, within games
- Knowledge of Jira and experience with issue tracking/project management tools a must
- Previous experience in mobile games and/or online communities a must
- Experience with Agile (Scrum) methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A focused and pro-active approach towards QA, with the ability to work under pressure
- An organized leader with strong work ethic
- Able to pre-empt problems and ensure contingency plans are always in place
- Must be innovative, proactive, and flexible
- Passion for games and cutting-edge technology!