Playstation 3, Xbox 360, , , Nintendo DS
The QA Lead at Armature has the opportunity to be involved in nearly all aspects of videogame development. This means that potential candidates must have a strong set of soft skills while being able to learn technical abilities quickly. The position performs a vital role in game development, testing, tuning, debugging, and suggesting detailed refinements that lead to higher quality and better playability of the finished game.
Skills and Qualifications:
• High level of pro-activeness and sense of urgency.
• Create and execute a test plan.
• Log and regress stability issues.
• Write clearly and concisely.
• Must be able to categorize bugs and able to prioritize.
• Provide both the development team and QA team with working builds.
• Coach, manage and review a team of testers internally.
• Liaise with managers of the external QA team.
• Promptly raise serious bugs with the relevant team member.
• Able to master new software tools quickly.
• Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Advocate sensible ways to boost the fun factor of the game.
• Detect and raise major quality risks early in development.
• Talk with artists, designers and programmers to understand why bugs are occurring.
• Tactfully suggest fixes for bugs where appropriate.
• Keep your QA team focused on the bigger picture of stability and quality.
• Make lasting improvements to Armature’s QA process.
• Do whatever it takes to help get a high-quality game completed on time.
• Strong organizational skills; very detail oriented.
More Jobs Like This
We couldn't find matching jobs.