Woodland Hills, California
Playstation 4, Xbox One
High School or equivalent
QA Director - Infinity Ward
The QA Director at Infinity Ward is the primary point of contact for all QA matters on the project. Reporting to the Production Director, the QA Director works closely with the rest of the Production team and Leads to create test plans, refine testing procedures, improve QA efficiency and the successes of the QA team.
• With the support of QA Managers and Leads, oversee the entire internal QA effort at IW.
• Coordinate and oversee all external QA efforts. Work directly with QA leadership at sister developers providing QA support on IW projects as well as Activision QA and PMG to ensure all testing areas are covered, that test plans are being followed, and that the collective effort of all QA for the title is working in concert.
• Ensure that IW games ship at the highest possible quality by putting processes in place to test all areas of the game, and by highlighting issues to Production and Leads. Push back against Production and Leads when you feel that they may be choosing to not address an issue in error.
• Actively work to form plans and tools for finding exploits. Work with Production and groups like “Map Monkeys” to help in this effort.
• Work with Leads to ensure QA provides work in progress dev testing where needed.
• Ensure that first party technical requirements are properly tested and bugged.
• Work directly with Production, IT, and Tools to improve build delivery times and efficiency.
• Set up and establish processes for increased automated testing.
• Work with Production to maintain the highest level of Jira cleanliness. Organize frequent regressions to clear out stale issues. Actively cull orphaned components and fields.
• Work with Production and Online Services to reproduce issues and ban offenders of the IW Code of Conduct in order to support IW games, post-launch.
• Work with Production to coordinate with Central User Testing at Activision to support the most efficient user testing processes possible. Improve ways to report bugs found during user testing back to QA so that they can be reproduced and logged.
• Work with Production to do the same for internal “Kleenex” testing.
• Work with Production and Leads to determine the best ways that QA can support all departments. Determine types of testing coverage, tools that can be implemented, etc., to allow QA to meet the needs of all departments.
• Create a streamlined process for allowing developers to make testing requests and a method by which those requests or tickets can be tracked in a queue.
• Provide accurate and timely test plans and manpower estimates to all stakeholders to inform decision making and budgeting.
• Lead by example. Support and mentor QA Managers and QA Leads, and help them grow and own their own areas.
• Proactively identifies and solves productivity and personnel issues.
• Must excel at communication with the Production team and Leads.
• Help develop and evolve new and existing Quality Assurance methodologies at Infinity Ward.
• Identify and anticipate risks. Present solutions.
• Provide regular reports of key actions and risks at various levels of detail.
• At least 4 relevant published titles as a QA Director or Manager.
• Experienced as a supervisor, with the ability to have subordinates reporting to him/her. Experience managing a QA staff of at least 50 testers.
• Comprehensive understanding of testing methodologies, test plan organization, and technical requirements.
• Leadership and the ability to teach and impart his/her experience and knowledge unto others.
• Track record of comprehensive test plans being successfully executed leading to the timely delivery of quality projects.
• Strong time-management skills with the ability to focus on priorities, manage change and be flexible to changing requests, delegate responsibilities, and deliver against agreed deadlines.
• Proficiency in MS Office and the use of defect tracking tools, e.g. Hansoft, Jira, DevTrack.
• Exemplary written and verbal communication skills.
• Proven ability to work under rapid development cycles.
• Very organized.
• Open-minded personality and team-player mentality.
• Knowledgeable of our games and experience with all facets of first person shooters (Single Player, Multi-Player, Co-Op). .
More Jobs Like This
We couldn't find matching jobs.