Publishing Art Director
2K seeks a brilliant, talented, passionate, visionary Art Director to join our Publishing team. We are looking for a highly creative person who thrives on the challenge of coming up with a continuous stream of fresh, new ideas, while partnering with our incredibly talented development teams toward unparalleled success.
• Work closely and partner with the Art Directors and Creative Directors across our internal and external studios to help form and guide the art direction of original game content.
• Provide an editorial voice, advice and insight on artistic direction (and their implementation into product art, animation, and interface configuration) for multiple projects.
• Provide an editorial voice, advice and insight on the overall visual design and content for the projects, ensuring that the artistic style and content are innovative, appropriate, and consistent.
• Help to Guide 2k projects to successful completion.
• Suggest & encourage processes to improve the predictability, and reduce the risks of developing multiple projects simultaneously.
• Work closely with the studios for each project to help identify potential problems and manage critical tradeoffs within the production triangle (cost, quality, schedule) continuously improve creative processes and best practices.
• Work with development studios to assess: outsourcing pipelines/best practices, asset pipelines/best practices. Develop proposed improvements to studio specific pipelines with an eye towards iteration and efficiency.
• Develop and maintain productive relationship with external partners, vendors, and contractors.
• BA or BFA in Computer Graphics, Animation or similiar.
• 5+ years of combined experience in internal or external game development in Art, Design and Production roles (AAA titles required).
• Excellent art and animation skills with expertise in Maya, Photoshop, 3D Studio Max, or other technologies utilized in the production of game art.
• Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to manage to and deliver on hard product deadlines with fast development cycles while maintaining high product quality.
• Detailed knowledge of interactive entertainment industry allowing for innovative concepts and promotion of new ideas.
• Strong understanding of development processes, workflows, and tools.
• Demonstrated track record of making the right choices to deliver successful projects.
• Adept at building relationships throughout the organization.
• Open to and available to embed with dev studios for extended periods of time, if needed.