Nix Hydra Games is seeking an experienced Engineer to join our team. This person will be a key member of a team for a new project from Day 1! This is the perfect opportunity for someone who loves working on small teams and having a voice that’s heard in a productive and collaborative work environment. As can be noted by this job listing we are not interested in corporate fluff, big talkers, and people who aren’t 110% competent and dedicated to what they do. We expect everyone on the team to be proactive and take great pride in their craft. The proper candidate must also be passionate for or enjoy making games of any genre for a heavily female oriented target audience.
- You’re a programmer, you will write code to make awesome games and work with other people in doing so. Pretty standard stuff.
- We expect anyone we hire to be diverse and handle all areas of game development (even if you aren’t a master at them): physics, AI, UI, rendering, networking, etc. You won’t get pigeonholed into being the “audio guy” or “3D rendering pipeline guy” here.
- Measure twice, cut once. We believe in planning and so should you. You will be required to write TDDs and estimate your work and think ahead about what you’re going to be building, and how it interacts with everything else that is being built. Weird concept, we know.
- Investigate and evaluate technologies to become part of the core of Nix Hydra Game’s tools and engine. Like we said, your voice will be heard.
Need to have:
- 3+ years of game industry experience
- 1+ years C/C++ development experience
- 1+ years experience with iOS, Android, or Windows Phone platforms
Much more likely to get the job (in order of importance):
- Experience with databases, client/server and other relevant networking backend technologies
- Shipped an MMO of any size and scope from start to finish
- Experience with Java, Objective C, or C#
- Experience with the Cocos2D or 2D-X platforms
- Experience with the Corona platform
- Experience with the Unity platform