Android, iOS, Windows Mobile
Nix Hydra Games is seeking an entry to mid level Engineer to join our team. The qualifying person will be a key member on one of two project teams! This is the perfect opportunity for someone who loves working on small teams and having a voice that’s heard in a productive and collaborative work environment. As can be noted by this job listing we are not interested in corporate fluff, big talkers, and people who aren’t 110% competent and dedicated to what they do. We expect everyone on the team to be proactive and take great pride in their craft. The proper candidate must also be passionate for or enjoy making games of any genre for a heavily female oriented target audience.
- You’re a programmer, you will write code to make awesome games and work with other people in doing so. Pretty standard stuff.
- We expect anyone we hire to be diverse and handle all areas of game development (even if you aren’t a master at them): physics, AI, UI, rendering, networking, etc. You won’t get pigeonholed into being the “audio guy” or “3D rendering pipeline guy” here.
- Measure twice, cut once. We believe in planning and so should you. You will be required to write TDDs and estimate your work and think ahead about what you’re going to be building, and how it interacts with everything else that is being built. Weird concept, we know.
Need to have:
- Nothing! Like we said, it is ENTRY to mid level. You wil be compensated accordingly to your skill and experience.
Much more likely to get the job (in order of importance):
- 3+ years of game industry experience
- 1+ years C/C++ development experience
- 1+ years experience with iOS, Android, or Windows Phone platforms
- Experience with databases, client/server and other relevant networking backend technologies
- Shipped an MMO of any size and scope from start to finish
- Experience with Java, Objective C, or C#
- Experience with a licensed 3D mobile game engine (Unity, ShiVa, etc.)
- Experience with the Corona platform
Apply for this job
All applicant profiles are saved in the Resume Database. Privacy settings can be adjusted here.
Friends Who Might Be Interested