Product Marketing Manager: Mobile Games
Turbine, Inc., a division of WB Games Inc., seeks a Product Marketing Manager: Mobile Games to join the Publishing Team and be responsible for leading the product lifecycle of our mobile games. The ideal candidate must be a detailed-oriented self-starter who possesses strong multi-tasking, execution skills and a compelling product marketing background. With an ability to think like the consumer, you are also adept at balancing the business and production priorities from concept to launch. The ideal candidate approaches all challenges with a creative eye, but with the ability to make data-driven decisions.
This newly created position requires you to build strong relationships across the organization including Game Development, Consumer Insights, Creative Design, User Acquisition, Brand, etc. As a master planner, you understand how to execute a go-to-market plan that drives acquisition, conversion, retention and monetization. We are a fast-paced team that operates in an open environment where change is constant and the ability to collaborate autonomously is critical to success – the ideal candidate thrives in an entrepreneurial and agile role.
Turbine, Inc. is a premier creator and operator of massive, persistent online worlds that foster powerful social gaming communities. Turbine is wholly owned by Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group and has created some of the world’s most popular and award-winning online games, including The Lord of the Rings Online™, Dungeons & Dragons Online®, Asheron's Call®, and our DC Comics MOBA: Infinite Crisis.
- Drive go-to-market and product lifecycle management strategy and execution from pre-launch, launch and post-launch through the acquisition, retention, engagement and monetization funnel
- Team with Brand to define product positioning, value proposition and target audience
- Work with Creative Services team to develop marketing assets from concept to execution that are clear, concise and creative
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the competitive landscape and market trends
- In conjunction with our Research team, conduct user targeted testing to refine product features, utility, and quality
- Drive monetization in conjunction with eCommerce – iterate game features and test monetization strategies to maximize engagement and revenue
- Oversee existing relationships, as well as develop new ones, with third-party tools in support of driving the success of our mobile games
- 3-5+ years of experience in a consumer facing product marketing role, preferably with a focus on mobile products
- Gaming and/or mobile gaming industry experience highly preferred
- Deep understanding of product marketing
- Outstanding organizational skills with proven ability to handle multiple projects
- Strong interpersonal skills – ability to work across teams
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of innovative business models within the mobile game space with a deep understanding of core mobile game mechanics and best practices
- Experience working with and implementing third-party publishing tools (Kontagent, Tapjoy, Flurry, HasOffers, etc.)
- Knowledge of both iOS and Android markets
- Prior experience with agile development methodologies is preferred
- Ability to work well under pressure and with dynamic deadlines