Nintendo of America Inc.
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Wii U™ and Wii™ home consoles, and Nintendo 3DS™ and Nintendo DS™ families of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™, Nintendo has sold more than 4 billion video games and more than 637 million hardware units globally, including the current-generation Wii U, Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo 3DS XL, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo DSi™ and Nintendo DSi XL™, Super NES™, Nintendo 64™, Nintendo GameCube™ and Wii systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names such as Mario™, Donkey Kong™, Metroid™, Zelda™ and Pokémon™. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo's operations in the Western Hemisphere.
Description of Duties
- Provides detailed analysis and support for first, second, and third-party game development through game evaluations, industry analysis, consumer feedback, and extension product hands on game play and first hand experiences.
- Organizes leads and completes detailed game evaluations and summary reports of all group evaluations with detailed analysis of game features, uniqueness and competitive analysis as needed.
- Completes and leads detail reports on competitive products as needed within deadlines.
- Contributes and leads analysis and detailed development feedback on games in development
- Provides game evaluation context and insight for other members of the team
- Contributes to the analysis of development concept documents for proposed games, analyzing potential product strengths, weaknesses, and market viability.
- Synthesizes game evaluation information and analysis and provides product recommendations to management
- Provides department analysis used to support department budgets
- Support department budgets in coordination with other department members and the department Vice President
- Contributes to department tasks as needed and assigned
- Contributes to the training and guidance of other Game Evaluators, Product Marketing, Product Development, Product Testing, and other professionals in the Game evaluations and product analysis areas as needed.
- Contributes to Product Marketing functions as needed.
- Contributes to video and asset production, support, editing, and vision as needed.
- Contribute and leads Product Development Projects as needed and assigned.
- Contributes to product demonstrations to other departments and outside partners as needed and assigned
- Up to 20% travel
Summary of Requirements
- Three to five years of related experience
- Excellent PC skills (Word, WordPerfect, Excel, Access and Windows preferred)
- Database management experience preferred
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Creative ability to assist with software development input
- Familiarity with market trends and excellent knowledge of various components and structure needed in a successful home video game
- Basic understanding of current video game technology
- Ability to work in a highly confidential environment
- Ability to work with others.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent
** Applications and resumes will only be accepted through Nintendo's website as we no longer accept paper, faxed, or emailed resumes: https://nintendo.taleo.net/careersection/10000/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=140000001C
We are an equal opportunity employer valuing diversity…celebrating strengths.