Buffalo Studios is seeking an awesome Product Analyst to work in our world-class team. This role will contribute to the creation of an environment and culture which will help us develop the next generation of social games in our Santa Monica, CA offices.
The Product Analyst will report into the Director of Product Economies and will gain valuable insight into the design & refinement of our in-game economies while collaborating with key decision makers on new game features to ensure the continuing growth and profitability of our flagship game, BINGO Blitz, as well as with our new game launches across Facebook and mobile.
The Product Analyst position is ideally suited for a game developer (systems designer or programmer) interested in transitioning to the business side of the industry and gaining experience in how to maximize game revenues and success, as well as an experienced analyst looking to bring his/her analytical skills into a creative environment.
- Directly support Buffalo’s Product & Creative teams through involvement in data instrumentation, analysis and special projects
- Drive improved player experiences, engagement and monetization across Buffalo’s growing portfolio of social & mobile casino games.
- Collaborate with the Monetization & the Data Analytics Teams to develop forecasting & revenue models, model content roadmap impacts, and employ predictive and real-time analytics to monitor and improve key performance metrics
- Own one or more products and quantitatively drive improvements to gameplay and game balance with the goal of increasing player engagement, satisfaction and monetization
- Degree in a highly quantitative or technical area (engineering, economics, business administration)
- Strong SQL skills, especially as they pertain to data mining and analysis
- Analytical mind with the ability to spot patterns and trends others miss
- A deep desire to not only understand how a game is working, but use that knowledge to improve game balance and predict future results
- A strong interest in social and mobile gaming
- Active and avid game player across multiple game genres and platforms
Additional beneficial skills:
- Experience with one or more programming or scripting languages
- Experience with column-oriented databases, especially Vertica
- Experience developing spreadsheet based predictive models using Monte Carlo simulation packages (E.g. Palisade’s @Risk or Oracle’s Crystal Ball)
- Advanced knowledge of statistics, decision trees, price & demand elasticities, regressions and data-mining
Buffalo is open to hiring experienced analysts without current games industry experience. For individuals without professional games experience, please include supplements to your resume which convince us you are a gamer.
Employment is contingent upon passing a drug screening and background check.
Buffalo Studios is an equal opportunity employer