The Producer is primarily responsible for managing a mid-sized product development team or sub-team, and supporting development from concept to submission. Responsibilities include scheduling, tracking development, and ensuring team deliverables are met in a timely manner at high quality. The Producer will manage and coordinate the relationship with both internal and external stakeholders along with internal team resources to produce games for a variety of game platforms.
- Manages the execution of the game development process to produce high quality games.
- Works with development team(s) to define and meet project deadlines.
- Accountable for creating and maintaining project plans and schedules. Managing project resources and needs to meet production schedules and budgets.
- Ensures all necessary project documentation is complete and up-to-date.
- Maintains strong relationships with parent publisher, ensuring timely and clear communication on all elements of development.
- Forecasts equipment and staffing needs for projects.
- Establishes and maintains a productive and communicative working environment
- Collaborates with Engineering, Art, and Design department heads to produce individual performance feedback for team members.
· Identifies and resolves conflicts between schedule, budget, and design goals.
· Recommends and implements new processes where efficiencies are needed to improve on-time or on-budget delivery.
- Some travel may be required.
- A passion for games and game development!
- At least 3 years’ experience in the entertainment software industry in a leadership/coordination role.
- Experience managing either internal or external development teams.
- Producer experience of the entire life-cycle of video-game software development (concept to ship) of at least one published title on Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, Wii U, Xbox1, PS4, PC and/or Mobile platforms.
- Track record of successful project execution; completing and shipping quality games on time and on budget
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Additional Qualifications Desired:
- Demonstrated experience with project management software, including project life-cycle models, risk assessment, and team management/motivation.
- Proven ability to work under rapid development cycles.
- Experience with Agile Development processes and tools (i.e. Scrum, Jira, Hansoft, Confluence, etc.)
- Bachelors’ degree in computer science, engineering, or related technical field or relevant work experience
- Proven management experience including: employee selection, employee development, performance management, conflict resolution, team facilitation, motivation and recognition, budgeting, and project planning.
- Project Management training a
nd certification is a plus.